INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP COUNSELING
sometimes healing is more than just words........
Expressive arts therapy is an intermodal art approach to therapy. It posits that combing the visual arts, movement, drama, music, writing and other creative processes can foster deep personal growth and community development (www.ieata.org).
As a person-centered therapist, I am committed to tailoring each session to you for your overall healing and wellness.
Expressive Art therapy may take many forms and occur in various settings, both as individual sessions or group, from traditional counseling offices to art studios to music rooms or even inspiring environmental settings which can offer truly peak experiences for your healing process.
Healing becomes a natural blossoming of renewal for not only for you the individual, but your family, the community, and environment you live in. Intermodal transfer is a way of creative movement between different modalities of art that facilitate that natural healing process through mindfulness arts creation and reflection.
Nature is a powerful healer and many times we feel most rested and relaxed and inspired when engaged in the natural world. I use this inherent connection with the environment along with the expressive arts process and traditional counseling best practices to allow you the most rewarding therapeutic process possible
Individual and Group Counseling:
Looking for a sense of direction? Struggling with the words to explain your self? I have personally seen the expressive arts facilitate healing for a wide range of issues, from addiction to depression & anxiety; trauma to marriage and divorce; anger to bereavement to name a few.
You are not required to have artistic ability to use or benefit from expressive arts therapy. Alongside talk therapy, you will be encouraged to explore their responses, reactions, and insights through pictures, sounds, explorations, and encounters with the art processes. Informed by the unfolding process of creating and working with imagination, a connection occurs that supports you to create new experiences, insight, and direction for your life.
$125/hr* *Sliding scale available; some insurances taken. Contact for current information and availability.
*If you are a minor, please be ready for parental/guardian consent and have at least one guardian accompany you to session.
Expressive art groups and workshops:
Expressive art workshop encounters are for people who want to explore creativity as a means for self-discovery, sometimes not as directly focused on like one on one therapy.
Workshops provide a supportive studio environment in which budding and experienced artists can listen to their creative impulses and explore new means of imaginative creative possibility through intermodal arts processes.
This unique opportunity offers a chance to relax, develop creative potentials and revitalize inner strength while exploring and expressing oneself in the magnificent and inspiring landscapes of the surrounding environment located at Artistree's farmhouse wellness building.
Current groups include:
- Bereavement Support Group: confidential support for the local community
- meets weekly Tuesday mornings 9:30AM
- on site Artistree's farmhouse wellness building.
- drop in welcome, FREE
Expressive Arts Workshop: explore the expressive art modalities in a group studio setting for mental health wellness and self-care.
- quarterly, four day intensive group sessions
- no experience necessary, FREE
- co-facilitated with Kathleen Dolan
- on site Artistree's farmhouse wellness building
- for more information or to sign up, contact Artistree 802 457 3500 http://artistreevt.org
- Soul Drumming: Reconnect to your soul and the world around you.
- monthly* on Sundays 3-5pm, Artistree performance hall
- drop in welcome, Free
- no experience required
- drums provided; bring your own if you like!
- In Summer months, weather permitting, we may play outside. Please plan accordingly.
- *for more information or to sign up, contact Artistree 802 457 3500 http://artistreevt.org
- Children's Drumming: spiritual education for children K-3
- meets monthly on Sundays 10am-11am, Artistree performance hall
- drop in welcome, free
- held onsite at Artistree as part of the North Universalist Chapel Society Religious Education
- For more information, please contact myself or Geradline Fowler, Office Manager North Universalist Chapel Society. firstname.lastname@example.org 802-457-2557
Treatment is focused on you in a safe, confidential, healing process and is applicable for all ages.